Thursday, October 11, 2012

PREVIEW: Avicii - EDOM (Original Mix)

Avicii - EDOM

I have to admit, the past few months I have been a bit of an Avicii basher; the past few tracks hes released I've thought to be pretty uninspired and cookie-cutter. It didn't help that Salem Al Fakir's vocals in "Silhouettes" make me cringe as nails on a chalkboard never have. HOWEVER, and all-caps, bold, and italics can't emphasis the word enough, this new preview of his track "EDOM" is amazing. The buildup is pure genious. The strings bring to mind the score for The Dark Knight while the keys take on a completely different style from what comes to mind when you think Avicii. For me, its very exciting to see Tim moving out of his comfort zone and experimenting with different styles and I can't wait for its release so we can get all of its melodic beauty. Check it out below and let us know if you liked it/hated it in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment